FAQ: Series Description - Lower Beginner
- Love is in the air in this Lower Beginner-level series! Maria and James meet on a flight to Sofia and through their interactions, you’ll learn how to express your emotions, state your likes and dislikes, talk about family and more! So, how does this love story end? You’ll have to tune into this series to find out!
- In this 25-lesson series, our hosts will introduce you to the beautiful language called French! You’ll learn the basics of the French language like how to introduce yourself, ask questions, and more. This series is aimed at students who are making contact to the French language for the first time or students that want to brush up on the basics.
- Not quite ready for the Beginner level? This Lower Beginner Filipino series is perfect for bridging the gap! Jump into this 25-lesson series and get involved in more Filipino conversation! In this series, you’ll learn to describe people and things, ask questions, express location, talk about past, current and future actions, and much more!
- Welcome to the Lower Beginner level! In this first season of the Lower Beginner level, you’ll meet Petri as he begins his first day of work at a new job in Finland. Our hosts Brandon and Nico will walk you through Petri’s adventures while teaching you how to ask for directions, tell time, talk about the past and much much more! So how does Petri fare at his new job? You’ll have to tune into this series to find out!
- This 25-lesson Lower Beginner series is aimed at listeners who have some basic knowledge of the German language. Follow the story of John and his pen pal, Michaela through their German adventures. These lessons will explain German grammar to you at a slightly faster pace than our Absolute Beginner level. At the end of this series, you will be able to construct sentences on your own and improve your conversation skills. But don’t be scared away by the grammar! Our hosts will also introduce fun and useful German cultural tips along the way too!
- In this 25-lesson series, you will follow the story of Laura, an Italian woman, John, an American man, and their friends. You’ll learn about formal and informal greetings, how to use idiomatic expressions in conversation, and much more. You’ll hear Italian spoken in a variety of situations. That means you will pick up both formal and informal Italian.
- In this series, you’ll learn the formal and informal versions of verbs and adjectives, ultra-polite expressions and more! You’ll also learn basic Japanese vocabulary and relevant cultural tips and insight. Both formal and informal Japanese is spoken.
- In this 25-lesson series, you’ll follow Tim, an American travelling to Korea. Through Tim’s travels you’ll learn how to form questions, talk about yourself, and more. Along the way, you’ll learn Korean cultural tips and insight that you won’t find in a textbook.
- This 25-lesson season is for students that are ready to break out of the Absolute Beginner level. Our hosts Filip and Becky will teach you how to talk about yourself and your preferences, ask for directions, meet new people, and much, much more! And, of course, you’ll learn useful tips on how to navigate Norwegian culture!
- Join our hosts as they introduce you to the language called Russian! You’ll learn the basics of the Russian language like how to introduce yourself, ask questions, and more. This series is aimed at students who are making contact to the Russian language for the first time.
- In this 25-lesson series, Dylan and Carlos will expand upon grammar and vocabulary taught in previous series with a focus on Latin America. This series will cover polite conversations, making exclamations, talking about obligations, and more. You will hear Spanish spoken in a variety of situations, so you will hear both informal and formal Spanish.
- Not quite ready for the Beginner level? This Lower Beginner Turkish series is perfect for bridging the gap! Jump into this 25-lesson series and get involved in more Turkish conversations! In this series, you’ll learn to talk about feelings, keep conversations going, talk about family and daily routines, and much more!
- Not quite ready for the Beginner level? This Lower Beginner Vietnamese series is perfect for bridging the gap! Join Huyen and Brandon in this 25-lesson series and get involved in more practical Vietnamese conversations! In this series, you’ll learn to how to make appointments, ask for the time, make comparisons, talk about feelings and interests, and much more! Best of all, we cover all grammar rules in an easy way that lets you put them to use in conversations right away.